Tuesday 11 September 2012

Going through the motions...

You're spinning around,
you're switching between up and down,
you're unsure of everything,
that once was so certain.

You realise again,
that your first love is drained,
from the core of your being,
other things have its taken place.

You long for what you felt,
the passion that used to fuel,
the desires that have ran dry,
for God to be at the core again.

It's the motions they say,
the passing from day to day,
the normality, the robotic familiarity,
taking away from the reality.

The reality of why you're here,
the freeing from the fear,
that you once knew inside,
the things God has done in your life.

But, it isn't the end of hope,
no, it's only just the beginning.
God is always waiting for you,
to turn your heart once again to Him.

To find the passion that once drove,
the vision that filled your being.
The hope that you found in God,
the trust that once said, my life is Yours.

I wrote this one after a time of wondering what the point was in everything I was doing with my life- 'You' was actually I... thankfully I came through this phase and found vision again! :)

No comments: