Tuesday 11 September 2012

Running

I can run, but just how far?
I can hide, but for how long?
I can try and forget,
But, He's always there.

I can cry and shout and pray
but do I mean it anyway?
Does my heart long for Him?
Does my life show His ways?

 


Can I stay like this for long?
Picking and choosing between
God or the world, can I?
I can't live without Him!

But, do I remember this?
When I want my life to be mine?
Or do I steal it back,
and take full control.

Put God in the passenger seat
and I in the drivers?
Steer my life where I want,
let my emotions take control.

God help me out of this way,
of letting myself go astray.
Come and take it Lord...
take my life and make it Yours.

I think this is the first poem I ever wrote (by choice- obviously wrote forced ones at school!)! It was a few years ago now, and I was trying to decide whether to get baptised... I did get baptised in 2004, and I've never regretted it :)



No comments: